Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Special Day

We made it. My 100th post.

I have very much enjoyed this blog and the opportunity it gives me to record and remember my life in a fun and creative way. A big "thank you" to my sweet friend Kim for inspiring me to enter the blogging world (and for helping me in the process). I am also grateful for my old friends who have supported and encouraged me through this crazy time and for the new friends I have made on the journey.

I enjoy sharing pictures and stories of our family on this blog. And it has been very therapeutic to share the present while remembering the past.

But today is special for another reason.

Today is Robbie's birthday.

He would be 4. I have tried to write this next sentence about a hundred times, but I just can't find the words to express how I feel. So, I've decided to share a little treasure.

On Saturday, January 13, 2007, my husband sat down with Robbie at the breakfast table and pulled out the video camera. We were so proud of all the "tricks" he had mastered and thought he was definitely a genius! Little did we know that three days later, Robbie would be in heaven. I still find it hard to watch these videos. He's right there, yet it has been so long since I have been with him. But this video also reminds me that our God is not only sovereign, but He is Love -- prompting my husband to capture this video which would become priceless!

*Remember to mute the music at the bottom of the blog*



Robbie, I miss your big blue eyes and rosy cheeks. I miss your fat feet and your funny expressions. I miss hearing your sweet voice and touching your soft skin. As your "dadoo" used to tell you, we love you lots and lots like tater tots.

And I could not conclude my 100th post without giving you a glimpse of our Joy.



Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
I Peter 1:3-9


Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift.

II Cor. 9:15

14 comments:

Pumpkin Patch said...

Sweet videos, Lauren. Praise God for the digital age! How are you doing? We're expecting another bundle in September--a girl. Thinking of you and your family on this special day.

Love,
Carey

Anonymous said...

Lolly, we had such a wonderful visit this weekend. I so enjoyed Evie and Caleb. She has really grown into a little princes.

Today is indeed a special day and I will never forget that little rascal. I am so thankful for the promises we share through God's Word and how you and Bob have embraced them. I am thinking of you guys all day and I am praying for you. Love-Dad

Crystal said...

Love you friend. You inspire me to ever increasing faithfulness in Christ and that He indeed can carry us through.

Anonymous said...

I do know how to spell PRINCESS!

Kristen said...

We love you all so much! Praying for you and praising God with you for His promises!

Clare said...

beautiful post lauren!! i love that video of robbie, it is the same one you showed us at mops. he is beauitful, happy birthday robbie:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Robbie! What a lasting legacy you have left us. :) xoxo Jenna and family

Allie Carpenter said...

What a joy to watch! Thank you for sharing! You are such an amazing and strong mommy! Praying for you still!! Love you and miss you tons!!!

Carol S. said...

Thank you for such a wonderful post and for sharing the video of him and all of his "tricks". I can't imagine how much you must miss him! Eveley and Caleb are darling! Happy Birthday Robbie! Carol Settles

Ben and April said...

Thanks for sharing the video of Robbie!! What a precious little guy!! Praying for you! Your testimony is a blessing.

StarfishMom said...

Lauren, Thank you for sharing the precious videos of Robbie and Eveley. My heart breaks for the pain you have had to endure but I am learning that the God I serve is the God of redemption. Congratulations on your 100th post. :)

Stephanie said...

You are such an amazing mother and inspiration to all. I admire your strength and positive outlook on life. Thank you so much for sharing your story and beautiful family. I hope you and the family are doing well. Happy Birthday Robbie!

God Bless!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh sweet Lauren,

I am so very sad as I watch this video of the shining light that was your Robbie. Yet, I know that he is STILL shining in heaven.

I never met Robbie on earth but he has touched my heart and strengthened my faith in Jesus through you and Bob. You are such a beautiful example of God's love. I have told you this before but I will say it again on this anniversary of Robbie's birth. Your journey of faith through Robbie's death is THE SINGLE BIGGEST FACTOR in bringing me closer to God. I have always been a believer but I yearned for a deeper and more personal relationship with Jesus by watching how your relationship healed you. So know that Robbie's life and his journey to heaven have impacted so many people in so many ways. I know you miss him dearly and I wish I could take away that pain for you.

Miss you.
Love,
Kim

andrea said...

lauren,
what a beautiful tribute to your son!
he is just beautiful!

hugs to you and yours!