Sunday, June 21, 2009

Our Dainty Princess and Master Thunder Thighs

Well, it's been a while since I've taken the time to journal. And at the speed my mind is going, I better record as much as I can now before I forget!



Dainty Princess Eveley Joy is anything but dainty. She loves to play in the mud puddles in our driveway. And, frankly, I love to let her. While her brother was taking a rare late afternoon nap, we wandered outside. I had high hopes of us sitting on the porch reading my new Better Homes & Gardens magazine together. But she had other ideas. Within seconds, she had removed her white sandals and set them in the grass. And then she was lying on her back in the puddles. There was nothing I could do but smile and go grab my camera, of course.









Master Caleb is 6 months and 12 days. We just had his checkup and he weighs 18 pounds, 3 ounces and is 26 3/4 inches long. That translates into 75% for height and 60% for weight. I was pretty surprised at his weight percentile. He has some fabulous thunder thighs and I had high expectations about his ranking. But there must be some really fat babies out there. (I love fat babies!!)









He finally cut his first tooth 2 days before he turned 6 months. And the second one has now popped through. That has made a HUGE difference in his temperament. He is a major sweetie and absolutely adores his sister.






Eveley still loves to ride the bike with her daddy. He took her on an 8-mile trek over the weekend and she won't stop talking about it (literally). I tell her she can't ride it until daddy comes home from work. Since a toddler really can't understand time that well, she just says - "Daddy will come home from work in 2 seconds and then we'll ride bicycle." So, she stays ready.

I love these little munchkins!

3 comments:

Clare said...

so sweet lauren, i love the last picture with eveley in the helmet!! awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the kids playing together! What a treasure it is for children to have siblings to play with. :)

jg

Tabitha said...

I LOVE that you let her lay in the puddles. It looks like she had a blast :-)