Monday, December 7, 2009

A Few Firsts

The time has finally arrived for Miss Ev to get her first official haircut. I have put this off for quite some time because, frankly, I thought she would throw a tantrum. But we talked about it on the drive to the salon, and I promised her a red lollipop when she was finished. The monkeys sat patiently in the stroller while mommy got her haircut first.




Of course, my salon experiences have drastically changed. I usually wash my own hair at home and leave with a wet head to save time. (And I really miss having someone wash my hair. Love that!)













Therese has been cutting my hair for a few years, and she was terrific with Eveley. She just trimmed it up a bit, and Eveley was perfectly angelic. Hmmm... You know the saying. They always "save the drama for their mama." Hate that.

Later, I was practicing my piano music for church, thinking the kids were eating a snack in the kitchen. I walked in to this.









It actually went much better than I would have guessed. She's becoming a little helper and wanting to do "mama" things. She helps me wash the dishes, "fold" the laundry, and then I walked in to this...


"What are you doing?" I asked

"Changing Potato's diaper," she said.

Naturally.

4 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

I love that she was changing potatoes diaper...LOL!

Amanda said...

She looks like she was doing a great job feeding her little brother! And the diapered potato head- too funny!!

Clare said...

love that the first hair cut went well!! we have had to work really hard to get the hair cut experience to a tolerable level. one time it took me, another salon person just to hold bradley down....

StarfishMom said...

LOVE the fact that she had the potato configured pretty perfect on that diaper. {I don't think my husband can put a diaper on that straight!!!} What a wonderful little helper Miss Eveley is!!!

HaPPy BirTHdaY CaLEB!!!!