Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Some Answers

I have been laughing at the series of questions posed to me -- most by my crazy friends or family members. But I will take the time to answer a few of the legitimate inquiries.

Where did I get the dress I am wearing in this picture?



I already knew the answer to this question before even looking back at the picture. For me, there are really only a few possibilities. I buy most of my clothes from TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or Ann Taylor (or Loft). That's really it. I'm not stylish enough for most of the more popular stores, and I am way too frugal to drop $100 on anything other than a wedding dress. I would welcome a visit from Stacy and Clinton as long as they bring their $5000 card with them and promise me a week in New York. But, for now, I am content with my bland wardrobe.

To be specific, though, I got this dress at TJ Max for $19.99. It's black (so I have the right shoes to wear with it), it does not need to be dry cleaned or ironed, and it's comfortable. Perfect in my book.


How is the diet going?

Diet is going well. I must say that I have cheated a bit. The news of the twins gave me much cause to celebrate, and it's just not as fun celebrating with celery. So I did have some treats.

Then, my husband's birthday was a few weeks ago, and that necessitated some sort of cheating, right?

On his birthday, I thought it would be fun to surprise him for lunch. I took the kids to the grocery store and let them pick out balloons for daddy. Caleb selected Thomas the Train and Eveley chose a butterfly balloon.

Then the kids chose this "birthday cake."



I had 2.

We quietly told the receptionist that we were surprising Bob and she directed us to the conference room where he was in a meeting.

Eveley was so excited! She raced into the office proudly holding the baloons. They must have hit something sharp on the ceiling because they burst loudly! She was crushed and slumped to the floor. Now, I just had to make it to Bob's office so we could shut ourselves in.

As we walked down the hall, other attorneys and the staff were popping out of their offices to say hello and congratulate us on the "twin" news. Caleb desperately wanted to sprint around the office, so I was gripping him on my hip and trying to make it to Bob. Just then, he looked at me and slapped me in the face. I acted surprised and some of the older gents gave a look that said their kids had never done such.

"Caleb!" I said, "You don't hit mama."

What did he do?

He hit me again.

Happy Birthday, we cheered.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Beka McCay said...

Hilarious! I can relate on so many levels!!

Amanda said...

It warms my heart when I hear I'm not alone on things like that. haha And, is it just me or are you thinking "you just wait till I get you alone where people aren't watching!"

And I think your wardrobe is nice, especially your shoes! ;)

ji said...

Very funny. I did have a question I forgot to post last time...I know you are a stay at home mom now (writing this with much envy!). Was this something your family planned for or did it just kind of work out that way? I am so desperately wanting to be a SAHM (currently work as a school psychologist and have 4 kiddos all 5 and under) and there are times I just feel like it is never going to happen. I know every family has differnt circumstances but just wondering if you had any tips on how you made it happen! Just ignore this post if it's too late to ask questions... :)

merlin said...

Thank you for remembering, And for the answer. Sadly, unless I find that dress in a second hand shop I have to accept that I will not find it. It is such a lovely dress, and now I know so practical too. Lucky you.

Some bloggers post tummy pictures as the babes grow....are you willing to share your "profile"?, it must be so amazing to love on two as you rub your belly....making an assumption that you rub your belly.
Have you wondered if Robbie had a hand in the twins, has he been up there negotiating with God on your behalf, I don't doubt it for a minute.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how you always have such a positive outlook on EVERYTHING!!?? :) It's a great quality. Just wonderin... Did you get that from the parents?

Love ya,
JG

andrea said...

OH LAUREN,
YOUR BIRTHDAY STORY HILARIOUS..AND OH SOUNDS LIKE MY LIFE:):)