Monday, January 23, 2012

Keep Calm.

via etsy.com here

I must admit that "calm" is not an adjective I would use to describe my house.
It is cozy, crazy, loud, and fun.

But definitely not calm.

Most would assume that the absence of calm is due to the twins.

Wrong.  These 2 are pretty calm.

At 8 months ~


Mr. Jack has 4 teeth, is crawling super fast, loves to eat and jump, and hasn't lost his smile.

Miss Ryan is working on cutting 2 teeth.  She is rock solid sitting up but has no desire to move.  She has beautiful, piercing blue eyes, the best cheeks ever, and you better not mess with her Puffs.


Every time I look into their big eyes, I am blown away by this gift that feels like a great big bear hug from God.


But the calm stops here.

Enter stage left. Caleb.


I really cannot put into words how my heart overflows with love for this monster.  He is super special to me and I love him more than I can describe.
But I'm not sure he understands English.  

Despite every possible method to teach him how to treat and play with Jack and Ryan,
he continuously terrorizes the babies.

CONTINUOUSLY.




I am hoping that soon the twins will be old enough (and big enough) to hold their own and teach Mr. Monster a little lesson.  I've been giving them pep talks and game plans, and they seem to be united in this mission.








When Jack sees the Monster, he starts to cry.  

But Miss Ryan thinks he's hilarious.


Even a smack or pinch by the Monster doesn't get her down.


Until....

Enter stage right. Eveley.



Nope.  No calm here.

But lots of smiles and giggles.




and some strategizing.




Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Care said...

O my word. They are all adorable! Caleb doesn't understand English...haha.

Kelly said...

They are so stinking cute! So happy to hear that they are doing so well!

Anonymous said...

cutest pics ever!