Saturday, August 2, 2008

The County Fair

If Eveley were keeping a journal, I believe she would note that today was one of her favorite days ever! She went to the County Fair!


One of the nearby counties was having its agricultural fair. Personally, as I posted earlier, I do not care for animals. But I was so excited to take Eveley today.

Robbie and Eveley shared a love for farm animals. The nursery is decorated with them and, of course, we practice the animal sounds daily (almost hourly). When Eveley saw and heard the animals today, she squealed like a pig! There were cows, pigs, lambs, goats, chickens, ducks, and lots of dogs!








There were many "events" at the fair, and at the last minute we decided to enter Eveley in one of them. NO, not the fair beauty pageant! We entered Eveley in the toddler run! I have no pictures of this to share. But it was pretty hilarious. We heard the announcement for the contest and contemplated whether to enter Eveley. We finally decided to do it as they were lining up toddlers at the starting line. Eveley would blow the competition away, Bob and I said. They rushed us to the line and then I realized there was another parent at the finish line to coax the toddler. So, Bob ran over to stand across from us. The horn blew and the toddlers took off. Except for Eveley. She just stood there. She didn't move. Then we realized it was bad planning to have Eveley with me and tell her to run away. No way was she going to do that! Not even for a big stuffed duck!

And what would a fair be without fair food! My favorite! Eveley had a snow cone and a funnel cake. (No comments from the food police, please!) She had a fabulous day. So did we!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would have LOVED being with Miss Ev at the fair! She and I will feed the chickens here when she comes in a few days! I love you Miss Ev, and I sure do miss your brother.

myboysrock said...

Eveley looks like such a little lady in her pigtails! I love them!

3 Peanuts said...

These photos are so cute but I LOVE the way you told the story of the toddler race last night. So funny.
Eveley is just really growing up!

i just got something VERY cute in the mail from your MOM! I am going to need to post about it later this week:)

Can you e-mail me me your groups shot from last night? Mine is not so good.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

so much fun ... i am not an animal person either, but Elijah is a huge animal lover ... thanks for your sweet comment today ... i know you can totally relate to MB and the ache she feels daily ...

love you girl !!!