Tuesday, October 7, 2008

To Fly or Not To Fly

That is a question I should have asked 9 days ago!


Eveley and I just returned from an 8 day trip to Texas. When I was planning this trip, I mistakenly believed that I was Superwoman.


Nothing was too hard for me! So, I could fly with a 17-month-old seated on my lap being 30 weeks pregnant, right?

Well, sadly I have realized that there are a few things too hard for me. This was one of them.

Our trip began last Sunday. Someone (Superwoman) booked us on a flight that didn't leave until 5:30 pm, connected in Atlanta with a 2-hour layover, and then continued with a 2-hour flight to our Texas destination, arriving around 11:00 pm.

We sat on the tarmac in Atlanta for 45 minutes and were seated next to some unfriendly and obviously childless people. Oh, and did I mention my back is broken and my belly is large?

Hmmm... I am journalling all of this information in case I am ever tempted to do this again.

The return trip was much better. On our first flight, we sat next to Santa Claus who worked for Billy Graham (seriously). He was very kind and helpful with Eveley.


On our second flight, the stewardesses felt sorry for me and bumped us up to First Class. Eveley and I had our own seats and it was fabulous. She was still a little stinker but a kind lady handed me a packet of mini-M&Ms. She was one of many angels I encountered on the return trip!!


This little princess.... a stinker??? Surely not!

I must say we had a fabulous trip and made many many memories! I will post about them later. Right now, I am plum tuckered out!!

3 comments:

Clare said...

I was going to call you to see how it all went! Glad you are home safely, but thinking of you:) Go Superwoman (Or SuperMOM!!!!)

Heather said...

Glad to hear you are back and that as a whole all went well. WOW! First class, I hope Evely knows how lucky she is - not even two and flying first class. I am pushing 40 and still haven't. Hmmmm, guess I should add that to my list. Then again, after the trials and tribulations, sounds like you earned it. And, btw, you are a SUPERmom!

Anonymous said...

oh, you are almost 30...IT WILL GET MUCH WORSE. LOL! :)