Sunday, February 8, 2009

This World Stinks!

I really don't know a better way to say it. But this world stinks. Pain. Disease. Cancer. Abandonment. Evil. Death. I hate it!

And sometimes I just can't take it anymore. I don't watch the news. I don't click on that terrible headline on the internet to read the sad story. It makes my body ache.

This morning, beautiful 11-month-old Cora left this earth for Heaven after being diagnosed with cancer only 3 weeks earlier. I hate it! I hate the journey that this young family has just begun. It is a hard one. It is long, and it is full of twists and turns. My heart is breaking.

But I am reminded:

Jesus said, I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have tribulation. But take heart, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Without Christ, this world stinks. There are questions without answers. There are unexplained and unfair events. There is never-ending pain and sadness.


But with Christ, there is joy unspeakable. There are answers that are just and true and pure. There is grace. And there is a peace which cannot be explained.


I am Homesick!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

GMy precious baby girl! I love you and so grateful for your willingness to be used in the lives of other hurting people. God bless you, Angel Baby!! Gram

Carlee Brian said...

lauren,
i have been following sweet cora's story since learning of her cancer.. i woke up this morning also to see that she "was playing in heaven." i know i can't relate, but my heart hurts for that family as a mom, but know the Lord will sustain them and give them strength for each hour,day, week, and months to come..

Carlee Brian said...

i heard about cora's story off a blog that i follow here in nashvill. it is called "bring the rain." didn't know that you knew the family.. we will keep them in our prayers..it all happened so suddenly..
also, your babies are beautiful! take care..

Maggie said...

It's so hard when you really know how much they're hurting. Hugs, prayers.

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words to Joel and Jessica today. I am Joel's sister, Leah. It was a blessing to have Carianna here as well. She said some very meaningful things, as only someone who has had this heartache can. We are so thankful that Cora is in Jesus' arms tonight, but we miss her so much and I cannot imagine the ache a parent must feel. We rest in the fact that Jesus has overcome the world and that we will see Cora again for all eternity.
Leah

3 Peanuts said...

Oh... I read a little about her and even talked to Dave about COra last week. My heart is saddened.