Friday, April 15, 2011

Family Update

We are really enjoying the arrival of spring and looking forward to the arrival of the twins. And while we have much to do indoors to prepare for the babes, I have been trying to spend as much time outside as possible with Caleb and Eveley.

Last week was our MOPS Easter egg hunt. It was a fabulous day!


This shirt was Caleb's gift from our babymoon in Los Angeles. Kinda sums him up. =)



Now for my precious twins in utero. They are pushing the family tradition. While I have said many times that "I only birth stubborn children," it is rare that their stubborness shows up before birth. But these twins are hard headed and are snuggled close together with their heads firmly placed underneath my rib cage.

One doc said there is still hope that our boy will flip given the good amount of amniotic fluid. But my other doc said to start preparing for a C-section, which would most likely be scheduled for the week of May 8.

I won't give up hope yet. As a friend reminded me yesterday, this entire pregnancy has been filed with miracle after miracle. So, I am still praying for my boy to turn.

In the meantime, I am trying out a few recommended ways to urge the babe downward -- standing on my head, placing a bag of frozen peas on the top of my stomach, and considering a trip to an indoor pool.

And I am focusing on the blessing of these two healthy babies. As of Tuesday, baby girl weighed 4 pounds, 9 ounces, and baby boy weighed 4 pounds, 4 ounces. She has continued to face inward and we have yet to get a good look at her sweet face. He is facing outward and is content to bounce on my bladder.

There is so much to do! But our top priority this weekend is celebrating Eveley Joy's 4th Birthday.



I asked Eveley what she wanted for her birthday and she said, "The Lizard of Oz." Still looking for that...

Photobucket

3 comments:

Amanda said...

lol about Caleb's shirt! :-)

Unknown said...

haha...lauren! dont let caleb wear that shirt!

Clare said...

sounds like you are all set:) lol!! i am sure you will get it all together before their arrival, but man it is getting close!! wow:)