Tuesday, April 8, 2008

More Than You'll Ever Know



We recently received a priceless gift.

Shortly after Robbie went to heaven, some friends got together and solicited our family, friends, childcare workers, and Sunday school teacers for their favorite memories of Robbie while they were still fresh. They compiled all of the funny stories, sweet moments, and lovely messages into a book.



We cannot thank our friends and family (and even strangers) for the many ways they have loved us this past year. We know the prayers are still being said for us, and that blesses us more than you'll ever know!

Isn't it interesting how God can place certain people or hurts on your heart. As I watched Idol Gives Back the other night, I was touched by all of the pain around this world. It's just heartbreaking. And immediately I wanted to go out and adopt all the orphans, provide a million mosquito nets, buy the necessary drugs and immunizations, and become a foreign missionary. But, then I realized that God has placed certain people and causes on my heart. And I am responsible for responding to those needs.

Thankfully, God has placed my family on many hearts. One friend mentioned that I almost "haunt" her. "I can't get you off my mind," she said. Sorry!

The faithfulness of you all to pray for us and encourage us has made a tremendous difference. Please listen to the words of this song. I couldn't have said it better!

Much love.

2 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

What a wonderful gift! I love the new header. So sweet:)

I think you changed blog to minima stretch? I can still help... This is better though.

Have a good weekend:)

Lumapix e-mailed me about the same time as you telling me to download the update to avoid crashes:) thank you.

Anonymous said...

you got the book?!?! I can't wait to see it!