Thursday, June 12, 2008

Visit with Family

My mom and yougest brother and sister came to visit us this week. We had a great time together, and Eveley showed them all of her tricks.

My sister Carrianna had just returned from a medical missions trip to Togo, Africa and brought Eveley this cute African dress. She looked adorable in it!






I cooked dinner the first night (a delicious Southern Living chicken and rice casserole) and "let" my mom do the honors the second night. There's nothing better than fried okra, squash and onions, and fresh broccoli from the garden. Yummy!!

The next day, I took them to a local Mexican restaurant to sample my favorite food (see post below), and it did not disappoint.

We kept very busy as we are getting ready to reveal a pretty big business venture. Shh... it's a secret for now!

We missed the rest of the family and wished they were here!!

Hope everyone is having a nice summer. If you are ever passing through, please come by and visit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren, I love you so much, and I'm so very proud of and humbled by the young woman you've become. You are my hero. mama

Anonymous said...

I miss my friend =( Hope we can catch up soon! Love ya! Shana