Monday, July 14, 2008

Launch Day!

Okay. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! Today is a big day for our family!

I have written about my family many times. We are extremely close, and I love each of them dearly. Recently, my sisters and I were talking about our mom and her many talents. If Martha Stewart were nicer, I would say my mom is a Martha Stewart. Mom can do it all. She's a wonderful cook, sews, has great style, lots of wisdom, creative thoughts and can make something cute out of anything.

Since we were little, my parents have used their skills and talents to bless others. I remember all of the Christmas presents my parents would make, and they were always the best.

My mom has great artistic talents. She loves to draw and paint and be creative. But, because she has FIVE children, she did not get to do this as often as she wanted to.

So, as my sisters and I were chatting about our mom, we decided to propose an idea to her. How about we start a business?!! To make a long story much shorter, let's just say that we have been brainstorming for months. We have looked at different product ideas. We have researched. We have experimented. We have sampled. And, we have prayed!

As a mom myself, I have thought about the things I look for when buying gifts for others, and what products make my life easier (and cuter) as a mom. And the result of these many, many months of hard work is ......

Personally Gifted!

All of the products are completely created, handpainted and designed by my mom. How fun to work together with your mom and sisters, doing something that each person loves to do. We are all contributing our talents and skills and hope that this is just the beginning!

Visit us at Personally Gifted, here.

6 comments:

Allie Carpenter said...

Wow, how cool! Your mom is so talented. Can't wait to order some stuff:)

Clare said...

Lauren, It looks AWESOME!! Now, I have to decide what I am going to get...the farm animals or the boy boxes. This is so neat! XO, clare

Anonymous said...

love the boxes! i may just have to get one!! :) Good Luck to you ladies in your new business venture!

Heather said...

WoW~ What a talented bunch of women!!
Congrats and best of luck with the new endeavor.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

oh my... i love all the stuff on the site .. will have to keep it in mind ... what about a big boys box w/ sports is that doable ???

3 Peanuts said...

Lauren,

Your Mom's site looks awesome! I wish her the very best.

Kim