Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful for a Holiday!

We have been extremely busy this past month. Not only are we trying to get ready for our little arrival - setting up the new bed, getting his room stocked and his dresser filled, and buying itsy bitsy diapers. But we are also getting ready for the holidays!

I love this time of year. I love the smells - cider simmering on the stove, evergreen, pumpkin, bonfires burning outside, goodies baking in the oven!! It makes me feel like a child again.

But, unfortunately, I am an adult and wear many hats - mommy, wife, baker, gift buyer, grocery shopper, meal planner, hostess, janitor, clothes shopper, entertainer, church music coordinator, and attorney. It has been a busy time!

I am still working full time and just finished a 50-page article on the First Amendment that I had been working on for several months. With that out of the way, I turned to my next project -- sewing Christmas stockings for the family. Who do I think I am? Martha? But, I finished them, and they are lovely (from a distance). I will post pictures of them once they are hanging from the mantle. We plan to decorate for Christmas this next weekend. And to tell you the truth, I got much more satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment from the finished stockings than I did from the article. Hmmm...?

But that's not all that's been keeping us busy. Traditionally, if Miss Evie wakes up before Bob leaves for work, he will go get her out of her crib and love on her for a while before heading out the door. One morning last week, he heard her mumbling in her room and went in to get her. There she was sitting on her floor reading some books. Hmmm... So, she now can climb out of her crib.

We were not planning to upset our Sleeping Beauty's routine. As I have mentioned before, she is a FABULOUS sleeper.



But our sweet friends gave us a toddler bed to help Evie transition when it's time. I have set it up in her room so she can get used to it. She likes to sit on it and read books for now. But she still goes "night night" in the baby bed. Works for me!






I am very thankful for many things and will try to post about those in a few days. But I have to say how thankful I am for my little Eveley Joy. She has truly brought Joy into our home. She has shown us that there is room in our hearts for more love than we could imagine. She has a tremendous vocabulary - including words like slingshot and octopus. And she loves her books.

This is a "My Very Own Box" from my mom's business that was an early Christmas present. I am trying to keep our books organized in the playroom. Miss Eveley has other ideas for the box!



Hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Clare said...

i love the pic of miss eveley in her big girl bed! i love her new little room, it is soo cute! good job lauren, i know you have so much going on:) i am thinking about you:)

Allie Carpenter said...

Little Miss Eveley is a cutie when she sleeps! They are such angels when they are sleeping! Carlee is a wild child. I have to start putting locks on the fridge and pantry! Praying for a good delivery for you soon:) Have a happy Thanksgiving! Oh yeah, someone's having a birthday soon too!!!! Miss you

3 Peanuts said...

I love your grown up Christmas list! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I cannot believe Eveley is climbing out of her crib!!! Kate did once last week too! I am afraid to put her in a bed because I am afraid she will never nap again:(

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

I hope you deliver on Dec 8th! That is Harry's birthday and the Feast Day of the Immaculate Conception. It is a special day to have a bay (all of them are but this one is extra special;)

Love,
Kim